Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Toasted Coconut

I made a tray of toasted coconut for a cookie recipe which turned out to be a flop. I was left with a full container of toasted coconut that sat in my pantry for a day or two before I realized just how much I could do with it!

No only did the coconut make my house smell amazing, I ended up using it for so many things! One morning I sprinkled it on my oatmeal, another day I made coconut maple syrup and topped my pancakes with my toasty flakes. You can use it over ice cream & smoothies, or on top of frosted cookies & cupcakes. 

It's an inexpensive way to add a nutty, tropical flavor to SO many dishes!

Just pour a bag on sweetened coconut flakes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure that the coconut is spread evenly on the sheet. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until all of the flakes are perfectly golden. Be sure to stir the flakes every 5 minutes to ensure an even toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment