This Tropical Watermelon Sorbet recipe is one that was featured on her show. When I watched her make it I was instantly smitten! We have the exact ice cream/sorbet maker that she used, so I think it was meant to be! This sweet & tangy dessert is perfect during a hot day or to serve after a dinner party. It will take your tastebuds to a tropical paradise!
What you'll need:
- 1 (2-pound) piece seedless watermelon, rind removed and flesh cut into 1-inch pieces to yield about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
- 3/4 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 large limes)
- 1/2 cup grenadine (recommended: Rose's)
I recommend that ALL of the ingredients be chilled before you use them.
Spoon into glasses or small bowls and serve.