Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tropical Watermelon Sorbet

Giada De Laurentiis has a show called Giada at Home where she features dozens of delicious dishes. We record her show so I can write down all of my favorites! I've gotten some fabulous recipes from that show!

This Tropical Watermelon Sorbet recipe is one that was featured on her show. When I watched her make it I was instantly smitten! We have the exact ice cream/sorbet maker that she used, so I think it was meant to be! This sweet & tangy dessert is perfect during a hot day or to serve after a dinner party. It will take your tastebuds to a tropical paradise!

What you'll need:
  • 1 (2-pound) piece seedless watermelon, rind removed and flesh cut into 1-inch pieces to yield about 3 1/2 cups
  • 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
  • 3/4 cup ginger ale, chilled
  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 large limes)
  • 1/2 cup grenadine (recommended: Rose's)
I recommend that ALL of the ingredients be chilled before you use them.

In a blender, blend the watermelon, pineapple juice, ginger ale, lime juice, and grenadine until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker (I have the "Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker") and freeze, according to the manufacturer's instructions, for about 35 minutes.


10 minutes:
20 minutes:
30 minutes
Spoon into glasses or small bowls and serve.


Delicious!!



*Just a note: the ginger ale can be replaced with dark rum.*

No comments:

Post a Comment