Friday, January 27, 2012

Jar of Salt

I am obsessed with Mason Jars! Any way that I can work them into my everyday life makes me happy. :)

We use a sea salt grinder in our kitchen because of the freshness and fun way to add salt to a variety of our meals. However, Daniel has found it hard to add exact measurements to baking recipes or other recipes that call for specific amounts. To fix this issue, we bought a container of Morton's salt for it's pour-ability. I realized that I had a creative mission on my hands!

This craft was a fun way to make our pourable salt stylish and chic. All you will need is a can of salt and a wide mouth mason jar with a ring. There is no need for the round lid.
I used a 16 oz. jar because of the cute size, but I ended up with a little leftover
 salt that I just put in a small container for those recipes that call for "a pinch".

Empty out the salt into a large drinking glass or medium sized mixing bowl (just to store for now). Use scissors to carefully cut the entire top of the salt container off. It should fit the top of your wide mouth jar perfectly! Fill your mason jar to the top and place the round salt top on the rim of your jar. Twist on the jar ring nice and tight. Ta-da!

From this:

Booooooring.....


To this!! :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment