Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I don't think that I've shared how much I love garlic.

I love the way it smells.
I love the way it looks.
I love the many available varieties.
&
I love the way it makes just about anything taste 100% better.

I do NOT, however, like that my husband refuses to be near me when I've had too much. He also feels the need to tell me just how bad I smell. I give him props for not sugar-coating the truth. He likes garlic too, but not to my extreme.

I'm sorry I smell like a dragon babe, but it's SO worth it!

Anyway, Daniel made ribs the other night and we had some russet potatoes on the counter. I can't remember the last time I made mashed potatoes from scratch, but it's really easy and they sounded delicious!

I started by washing and peeling 3 potatoes.
Next, gather the rest of the ingredients:
2 Tbsp  Earth Balance butter
salt & pepper to taste
3/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk...we are just almond milk people)
And of course....MY SECRET WEAPON!:

I had a hard time messing with this pristine butter!
Chop the peeled potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place them in a pot of boiling water. Let them sit for a good 10 minutes, or until you can easily poke them with a fork.
Next, carefully drain the potatoes over the sink then put them back into the pot. Add all of the ingredients ad mash/stir everything together. Feel free to add more milk or butter.
Since Daniel only wanted salt & pepper in his potatoes, I scooped out a serving for me and added a hefty teaspoon of crushed garlic. You can add the garlic to the pot if you want ALL of the potatoes to have garlic. Garlic salt or garlic powder would add great flavor too, if you don't want fresh garlic.
Creamy+Garlicky+Warm=Y.U.M.







No comments:

Post a Comment