Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jamba Who..?

After doing some yoga the other day, I decided to make Daniel and I a smoothie. He had been working in the backyard for a while and I wanted him to be refreshed. :) I looked around my counter and in my fridge for some delicious ingredients, and this is what I came up with:

1 tomato
1 pink grapefruit
2 nectarines
1 Fuji apple
1 banana
&
A handful of baby carrots

There was no need for any added liquid because of the juices in the fruits.
One simple "purée" button later, and refreshment was one sip away!


The verdict: Daniel was a little taken back by the zing of the grapefruit. It did NOT help that most of my ingredients were not cold, so the smoothie was kind of room temperature. I stuck them in the fridge, and a few hours later they tasted MUCH better. I suggest that  you make your smoothie with cold fruits and veggies (maybe place them in the fridge the night before you want to make a smoothie, if you don't store them there already). I didn't think about that before; my eyes were just on the prize! :)

1 comment:

  1. <3 Next time, try it with a frozen banana because it adds a whole different kind of texture to the smoothie (kind of like how Jamba serves them).

    ReplyDelete