Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That.

When lunch time rolled around yesterday, I had no idea what to make. My main problem was that we had yet to go grocery shopping, so my supply was depleted. I rummaged through the fridge and found 2 bell peppers, orange and green, that were hidden beneath a bag of celery. Both peppers were going south, and I probably had one more day before they were unusable. I then poked around the cabinets and found a can of kidney beans that have been there for a while (Daniel is not a fan), and my last can of garbanzo beans. I thought for a few minutes then I remembered that I had a half of a red onion from the night before. With a jar of sun dried tomatoes and some balsamic vinaigrette dressing to top it off, I had enough ingredients to make a meal!

I chopped the bell peppers and the remaining onion and placed them in a bowl. I added both cans of beans after I drained and rinsed them. I only put sun dried tomatoes and dressing on my lunch portion, and stored the rest of the bell pepper and bean mixture in a container for later (the veggies will keep their crisp without soaking in dressing). It's nice to know that I can whip up lunch with a few scattered ingredients!

My favorite sun dried tomatoes from Trader Joe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment