Monday, May 9, 2011

Sweet Potato, Chickpea, Coconut Comfort

My kitchen smelt like a tropical Thanksgiving when I was cooking this dinner! This recipe is great as a side dish or for a filling lunch or dinner.

Adapted from OhSheGlows.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cooked chickpeas (I used canned)
  • 1 large sweet potato
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • A sprinkle of shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and chop the sweet potato into half-inch chunks and place them into a bowl. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the sweet potatoes. Toss them with the salt, cinnamon, and half of the melted coconut oil.
Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper and bake for about 45 minutes or until you can pierce the sweet potato with a fork.
 
Put the mixture into a bowl and toss with the rest of the melted coconut oil and sprinkle on the shredded coconut.
*On this batch, my sweet potatoes got a little too brown and my chickpeas turned out more crunchy then creamy. I tried this again the next day for lunch and I took them out of the oven sooner. The first time I tried this recipe, I think I was just worried that they weren't cooked all the way. The flavors were still phenomenal though!! *

No comments:

Post a Comment