Monday, May 2, 2011

Mini Carrot Cake Bites


This vegan recipe is from OhSheGlows.com. I have made several recipes from this site and I am completely hooked! My kitchen has turned upside-down and my body is thanking me. I haven't gone completely vegan, but I have challenged myself to better snacking and portion control. Buying oats and sesame seeds in bulk is exhilarating :)  I've lost 4 pounds in a little over a week! 

Mini Carrot Cake Bites:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup regular oats
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4-1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I used 1/3 because I LOVE walnuts)
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots, packed
  • 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in water overnight*
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed for about 25 seconds in the microwave
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
  • Pinch of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
*The raisins will double in size. Drain the raisins of any water before you use them.

Start by preheating the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour. cinnamon, baking powder, salt, & oats in a large bowl. Add the nuts, coconut, raisins, & shredded carrots. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, softened coconut oil, vanilla, & grated ginger. Add this to the flour mixture & stir until combined.

Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the lined baking sheet. (I used my tablespoon cookie scoop and rolled the scoop into a ball with my hands.) Bake for about 12 minutes and cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack. You should be able to make 15 mini bites.

(*Steal bites of dough!*)
All Finished!! YUMM

No comments:

Post a Comment